Saturday, September 7, 2013
Languages
During our diversity group presentation, I took my English speaking colleagues on a virtual field-trip to France and I read La Princesse dans un Sac by Robert Munsch. The majority of my colleagues don't speak French and my purpose was to let them experience the feeling of English Learner students in their future classroom. The experience was really powerful and our class created a visual with tagxedo. Sometimes a picture is worth a million words...
Language in diverse students is a topic very close to my heart. Teaching English and French, maintaining mother tongues, restoring Natives languages and promoting multilingualism are key elements to support diversity and help students affirm their identity. As a teacher, I will be an ambassador of languages, and I will fill my classroom with words and stories from all over the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment